29%
Oilcake
27%
Spas-12
25%

Total votes : 91

Re: Map Battle 41 - Map a song - Final images & voting round

Postby 904 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:25 pm

While I'm preparing the next battle, you can still take minute to vote for this one!
Design Section Moderator

Postby Evil Scotsman on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 pm

well...

Evochinima's felt a bit (and i don't often say this) innapropriate. I mean, sure, it's a kinda sad song, but suicide? Naw, I think that's a bit far. It's just a bit too... in your face, obviouse, you know what I mean? It's kinda hard to explain. (Yes, I know Cash died shortly after the song, but he died he didn't kill himself)

Bekey, I don't know, I mean what on earth is going on here? It seems to have little to no relation to the song. The best connect to the song i can make it Invaders>war>war prisoners>prisoner camps>the fencing around the map.

Furling, it's a nice scene there, but it just doesn't suit the song. The song is a bit high tempo but this scene is quite calm.

Oilcake gets my vote. Despite it not being the best mapping (I really don't like the big oak tree model) it certainly has the best connection to the song out of all the maps. If you were to listen to the song while walking around the map, I think it would go pretty well.

Spas-12 is just a bit too litteral, if you know what I mean. It's jsut taken the first line of the song and put it into a map. It does look really nice, but it's mapping a small bit of the song instead of taking the whole thing into consideration.
Evil Scotsman
Regular
Regular

Postby 904 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Ok to wrap this up (which I should have done waaay earlier).

1st place: Furling
2nd place: Oilcake
3rd place: Spas12

Design Section Moderator

Previous

Return to Design Section